Sheet Harbour Marina is committed to protecting the privacy and security of every client’s personal information obtained by reason of your client relationship with us. This policy explains the types of client personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records and credit records. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed,
- professional and business directories available to the public,
- certain public registries and court records,
- certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
Our commitment to your privacy is governed by the following privacy principles:
1. We are accountable to you.
Sheet Harbour Marina is responsible for all personal information under its control.
2. We let you know why we collect your personal information.
Sheet Harbour Marina identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before or at the time the information is actually is collected.
3. We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information. Sheet Harbour Marina obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
- Sheet Harbour Marina will obtain your express consent (verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information.
- Sheet Harbour Marina Inc will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information where one or more of the following apply:
- express consent has previously been given,
- where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you.
You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting Sheet Harbour Marina as noted below.
4. We limit collection of your personal information.
Sheet Harbour Marina collects only the information required to provide services to you. If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide services, your consent will be obtained before or at the time the information is collected. Sheet Harbour Marina will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
- Communicating with you generally.
- Processing and keeping track of discussions, strategies, initiatives and related activities; and reporting back to you.
- Providing services requested by you.
- Recommending products and services that Sheet Harbour Marina believes will be of interest and provide value to you.
- To comply with legal and governmental requirements.
5. We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information.
Sheet Harbour Marina uses and discloses your personal information only for the purpose it was collected. Sheet Harbour Marina does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason. We do not share your personal information with third parties; and we retain your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
6. We keep your personal information up-to-date and accurate.
Sheet Harbour Marina keeps your personal information up-to-date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate.
7. The security of your personal information is a priority for Sheet Harbour Marina.
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- physical security measures such as restricted access areas and locked filing cabinets;
- electronic security measures for computerized personal information such a password protection;
- and organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to the trainer with whom you are directly working.
8. We are open about our privacy and security policy.
9. We provide access to your personal information stored by Sheet Harbour Marina.
You can request access to your personal information stored by Sheet Harbour Marina. To contact us, refer to the detail below. Upon receiving such a request, Sheet Harbour Marina will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed.
- Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify its accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information.
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
10. We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy.
Sheet Harbour Marina responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
11. Web site visits to Sheet Harbour Marina Web Site
When you visit the Sheet Harbour Marina web site, our server automatically records the name of your internet service provider, the web site from which you visit us, the web sites you actually visit and the date and length of your visit. This information is strictly used to optimize our web site. It will not be shared with others. We will only disclose your data to government authorities in cases where it is required by law.
Sheet Harbour Marina uses technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction, or against access by authorized persons.
How to contact us:
- by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org